Did you ever wonder what French meals are? Here are 5 for you:
1. Oysters or « Huîtres »: Oysters are shellfishes that can be eaten in different ways. They are really popular in France and well known to be eaten at New Year’s Eve.
2. Foie gras: This can be found on every table on Christmas in France. It is fattening geese that associates the best with some brioche.
3. Herb buttered snails or « escargots »: Snails cooked with Herb buttered are typically French! They are presented in shells.
4. Breton Buckwheat Pancakes or « Galettes Bretonnes »: A galette is a kind of thick salted crepe that you can eat as a meal with ham and cheese for example. It can also be made vegetarian or vegan.
5. Quiche Lorraine: This meal is a tart topped with ham, cream, milk, eggs and nutmeg. Mostly it is eaten warm but you can also eat it cold.